TYPES OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Placing an Order with Us: When you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Site, we collect certain information from you, which includes but is not limited to: your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information, email address, and phone number. We refer to this information as “Order Information”.
Creating an Account with Us: You have the option of creating an account with The Calico Guild to allow easy access to your order history. During account creation, you provide your name and email address directly to us.
Communicating with Us: We may collect personal information such as phone number, email address or mailing address when you request information about The Calico Guild, register for our newsletter, request customer support, or otherwise communicate with us.
Automatic Data Collection: When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information.” If necessary, we retain this information at a user level for a certain period in order to ensure that our service is functioning properly. We may also retain data at an aggregated level – so that no individual user, albeit anonymous, could be picked out from the data – indefinitely for purposes of reporting and system analytics.
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
COOKIES, PIXEL TAGS, ANALYTICS INFORMATION AND WEB BASED ADVERTISING
As is the case with many sites, when you visit our site and complete a registration form, we will place a "cookie" on your computer, which helps us identify you more quickly when you return. We will not use "cookies" or other devices to follow your click stream on the Internet generally, but will use them, and other devices, to determine which pages or information you find most useful or interesting at our own Web sites.
Most browsers permit you to refuse to accept a "cookie" offered by a Web site. You will not be denied access to any part of the website on account of your refusal to accept a "cookie," but your transactions through this Web site may be delayed due to the time it takes you to re-enter basic information necessary to complete a transaction.
“Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
“Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
“Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We use the Order Information that we collect generally to fulfil any orders placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations). Additionally, we use this Order Information to:
- To make the experience better for prospective customers. Your information helps us to more effectively respond to your requests and queries to make the website www.thecalicoguild.com user friendly.
- Subject to your personal preferences, we may use the information you share with us, to communicate with you through e-mails, text messages and calls, in order to provide our product or service related information and/or for promotional and marketing purposes. Please note that you can object to the use of your data for market research purposes at any time by contacting our customer services department by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Select Content, Improve Quality and Facilitate Use of the other www.thecalicoguild.com channels: we may use your Personal Information to help, create and personalize content on our Channels, facilitate your use of the Channels (for example, to facilitate navigation and the login process, avoid duplicate data entry, enhance security, improve quality, track campaign and survey responsiveness and evaluate page response rates.)
- Obtain Third Party Services: We also share Personal Information and Other Information with third parties, affiliates/subsidiaries who provide services to The calico guild website management, information technology and related infrastructure provision, customer service, e-mail delivery, auditing, and other similar services. When the Calico Guild shares Personal Information with affiliates/subsidiaries, third party, service providers, we assure that they use your Personal Information and Other Information only for the purpose of providing services to us and subject to terms consistent with this policy.
- We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
- We do not sell, trade, permit usage or rent your personal information to any third party unless we have been expressly authorised by you either in writing or electronically to do so. Please be aware that while purchasing our products, the payment gateway may be privy to your Personal Information, as provided by you at the time of purchase of our product. We may at times provide aggregate statistics about our customers, sales, traffic patterns, and related site information to reputable third parties.
- Our Website links or may link to other websites that may collect personally identifiable information about You. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of those linked websites. Our advertisers may collect anonymous traffic information from their own assigned cookies to Your browser.
- We may also use the information You have provided to Us for direct marketing, cross-selling, online and offline advertising and other materials regarding Products, services and other offers from time to time in connection with the Company.
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above. For example, we use Shopify to power our online store--you can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy.
We use Google Analytics, a service provided by Google,Inc. to gather information about how our users engage with our services. You can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/.
You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work. You can opt out of targeted advertising by using the links below:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
- Google: https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
- Bing: https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads
- Pinterest: https://help.pinterest.com/en/articles/what-are-promoted-pins
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
The Calico Guild may disclose your Personal Information as we believe to be necessary or appropriate:
a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence;
b) to comply with legal process;
c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence, for national security and/or law enforcement purposes;
d) to enforce our terms and conditions; and
e) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
We may share information with governmental agencies or other companies assisting us in fraud prevention or investigation. We may do so when:
a) permitted or required by law; or,
b) trying to protect against or prevent actual or potential fraud or unauthorized transactions; or,
c) Investigating fraud which has already taken place. The information is not provided to these companies for marketing purposes.
Additionally, in the event of a re-organization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings), we may transfer the Personal Information which we have collected to the relevant third party.
DO NOT TRACK
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
Additionally, if you are a European resident we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfil contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
CONTROL OF YOUR INFORMATION
You may request to review, correct, update, suppress, or otherwise modify any of your personal Information that you have previously provided to us through “www.thecalicoguild.com”, or object to the use or processing of such Personal Information by us. If you have concerns regarding access to or the correction of your Personal Information, please contact us at privacy contact information mentioned at the end of this policy.
In your request, please make clear what Personal Information you would like to have changed, whether you would like to have your Personal Information that you have provided to us suppressed from our database or otherwise let us know what limitations you would like to put on our use of your Personal Information that you have provided to us.
While the majority of questions and issues related to access can be handled quickly, complex requests may take more research and time. In such cases, issues will be addressed, or you will be contacted regarding the nature of the problem and appropriate next steps, within thirty days.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at email@example.com or write to us at:
Calico Design House LLP
111C, Government Industrial Estate,
Charkop, Kandivali West,
Mumbai 400 067